Product DetailsLaser scanners:
The SABRE-Scan system can be offered with many off the shelf laser scanning heads which can be arranged in many ways depending on your requirements.
Our recommended system uses all types of Faro Laser Scanners.
Position and Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
Please contact us for optional IMU models which best suits your
- Dimensions and weight
- Height: 475mm. Width: 305mm. Length: 430mm
- Overall weight = 12kg (inc scanner) 6kg (ex scanner
- System requires laptop PC
- SABRE mobile mapping systems are small, lightweight and can be attached to most vehicle platforms such as: quads, pickup trucks, cars, tractors, boats and small helicopters. The choice is yours!
- Dual use: If you already have a FARO Focus 3D scanner, we can integrate your scanner to the SABRE positioning pod. You can remove the scanner from the Pod when required, to use the Focus for tripod based operations.
- Reduce your survey time as you easily plug-and-play with your Faro Focus
- Collect data safely in the confinement of your vehicle
SABRE incorporates the FARO Focus product into our product solutions as they offer quality and accuracy.
The Kit is compact enough to usually fit in standard aeroplane luggage making it more transportable for worldwide service operation capability.
The SABRE-Scan mobile mapping product is light-weight and compact that is able to mounted to any appropriate moving platform, vehicle or vessel.
The standard SABRE-Scan kit comes with software and hardware for Single or Dual FARO Focus laser scanners. With the option to mix or match any choice of FARO Focus3D model.
Field Operations and ProcessingA laptop is required for field operations and data processing for the SABRE-Scan Mobile mapping system.
A GPS Base Station is not provided with the kit, however a base station such as Trimble or Leica that is able to log in Rinex file format (e.g. Rinex File format 2.11) can be used as a base station or alternatively a third-party correction service.
Each SABRE-Scan Kit comes with Hardware and Software for Dual FARO Laser Scanners (2 FARO’s, Upward and Downward Positions). Supplied with the SABRE-Scan Kit there are two (2) FARO SABRE Helical Adaption Plates.
SABRE-Scan with Dual FARO Positions:
The SABRE-Scan has two mounting positions that can be used to mount and operate a single laser scanner in either the upward or downward position, with the additional capability to mount two (2) laser scanners simultaneously.
SABRE-Scan Kit supplied with Software capability and hardware to enable Upward and Downward mounting positions.
An option to fit one / two FARO Focus Laser Scanners with choice to mix or match choice of model.
AdditionallyThe Ladybug can be used with the SABRE-Scan mobile mapping for Georeferenced Imagery.
FARO Focus Based Product Solution | LiDAR Mobile Mapping Product Overview |
- Map large areas from the safety of your own vehicle at up to highway speeds.
- Map highways and roads quickly without the need for road closure.
- Rapid-Deployment, Quick-Capture.
- Transportable for World-Wide Service Operations.
- Simple Roof-Mounting Two-Point Attachment Design.
- Flexible Mounting Land Vehicle On-Road, Off-Road, Marine, Rail and more.
- Optimise use of already owned FARO Focus3D Laser Scanners.
- High-Resolution 3D As-Built scanning data collection. Dense Point Cloud for detailed extraction. High degree of confidence in identification and classification.
- With Survey-Grade Products Solutions available.
- Modular and Upgradable.
- Simply attaches to your vehicle with a two-point roof mounted rack assembly.
- Power supply:
- The SABRE SCAN Mobile mapping system can be run on 12 to 32 volt power supply via vehicle power system or a standalone battery pack.
- Interchangeable Laser Design.
- Upgradable IMU.
- Expansion-Port for Optional External Georeferenced Video Camera Panoramic Imagery.
- Processing Productivity: 1:1 Ratio Collection-time vs Post-Scanning Processing Time dependant on settings.
SABRE Advanced 3D Surveying Systems Ltd.
Unit 4 Brathens Business Park
Telephone: +44(0)1330 820225
NEWSLETTER - SABRE ADVANCED 3D
DECEMBER NEWSLETTER Featuring the SABRE-SCAN mobile mapping Product solutions.MORE INFO
NEWSLETTER - SABRE ADVANCED 3D
FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER Featuring the SABRE-Scan mobile mapping Product solutions.MORE INFO
SABRE ADVANCED 3D Technology Integration for Custom Solutions
SABRE ADVANCED 3D Technology Integration Offers custom solutions using integration of our in-house developed software and hardware.MORE INFO